International students are granted the opportunity of studying a one-semester term or one whole academic year at Universidad del Desarrollo, taking courses on subjects related to the study programs they are following at their home university. These students may also participate in extra-curricular activities offered by UDD, comprising different sports and summer and winter community works, among many others.
Students from universities with which there is a bilateral agreement in force are exempt from academic fees at UDD.
Those students from foreign universities with no bilateral agreement with UDD must attend at UDD as Visiting Students and pay the fee agreed upon for those cases.
- Students must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a University or College of Higher Education.
- International Students are required to have a high level of Spanish proficiency to participate in the Exchange program. This is not required for students who want to take classes in English.
How to Apply
Those students interested in participating in the UDD student exchange program must apply through the International Relations Office of their home University. The following documents must be forwarded to the International Relations Office at UDD:
- Nomination letter from home institution
- Pre-course registration form
- Academic File
- Photocopy of Passport (first page)
- 2 ID card-size photographs
UDD evaluates the information upon receiving the application and then send a letter of acceptance, which is required to process the Student Visa.
Once the student receives the Acceptance Letter, he/she must:
- Request information at the nearest Chilean Embassy or Consulate on the formalities to be carried out to obtain the Student Visa. This document is mandatory in order to participate in any UDD exchange program. Upon his/her arrival in Chile, the student must deliver one copy of the Student Visa to the Exchange Coordinator at UDD
- Retain a Medical Insurance with international coverage for the exchange period in Chile. Upon his/her arrival in Chile, the student must deliver one copy of the medical insurance to the Exchange Coordinator at UDD.
*International Students should deliver one copy of the Student Visa and Medical Insurance upon his/her arrival at UDD, otherwise they will not be able to participate in the Exchange Program
Here you can download the Application Form PDF, 4 KB
Here you can find the Courses Schedule from all the Careers. For more course information or contents for each course, please contact Jovana Batarce email@example.com
|Arquitectura PDF, 4 KB||Arte PDF, 4 KB||Cine PDF, 4 KB|
|Ciencia Política PDF, 4 KB||Diseño PDF, 4 KB||Derecho PDF, 4 KB|
|Enfermería PDF, 4 KB||Fonoaudiología PDF, 4 KB||Ingeniería Civil Industrial PDF, 4 KB|
|Ingeniería Comercial PDF, 4 KB||Kinesiología PDF, 4 KB||Medicina PDF, 4 KB|
|Nutrición y Dietética PDF, 4 KB||Odontología PDF, 4 KB||Pedagogía Básica PDF, 4 KB|
|Periodismo PDF, 4 KB||Psicología PDF, 4 KB||Publicidad PDF, 4 KB|
|Teatro PDF, 4 KB||Tecnología Médica PDF, 4 KB|
Students must send all requested documents to the International Relations Office at UDD before the following dates:
- November 15: application for the first semester period (March-July)
- April 15: application for the second semester period (August-December)
Each semester, the International Relations Office organizes a Welcome Program for international students, with the purpose of guiding them during their first days in our country and, specifically, to introduce them into the university life at UDD.
The Welcome Program consists of the following activities:
- Guidance meeting in which international students are informed on UDD academic and administrative systems.
- Tour through UDD campus
- Welcome lunch with UDD exchange international students
- Academic meeting with the coordinators of the corresponding Schools. The purpose of this meeting is giving guidance, clarifying doubts and helping students to define the subjects they will cover during their stay in Chile
- City Tour around Santiago
Likewise, before the end of the semester, the International Relations Office organizes a country day, where exchange students may enjoy an interesting and amusing day outdoors. Depending on the season, this country day may be in the mountains, the countryside or a ski area near Santiago.
The International Relations Office provides information, contacts and counsel for students, assisting them in finding the best housing place in Chile during their exchange period. These places may be either in university residence halls, family housing or shared apartments.
It is very important for UDD that exchange students live in a safe and pleasant place, adjusting to his or her expectations and resources.
If you wish to receive information on housing arrangements or have any doubt regarding the place you will be living in, please do not hesitate to contact Jovana Batarce firstname.lastname@example.org in Santiago or Carla Figueroa email@example.com in Concepción.
International Students Guide
If you want further information about Chile and UDD, please download our International Students Guide PDF, 4 KB